It’s been quite a while since our last update, so we figured it was time to fill you in on what is going on. As some of you may have already heard, development on an all new VESL site has officially begun. This site will finally have the full league support we have been looking for since the beginning. I.E. Automated user registration, ladder building, team pages, etc.
We told the developers we were sick of the boring text-walls you see on a lot of gaming sites these days, and wanted it to look good, and be dead simple to use. The site will host a large amount of features, so to sum up some of what you can expect, here is a simple list.
- The site will be built with a social network backend, similar to Facebook, but with league/competition functionality. (eg. instead of “poke”, it will be “challenge”)
- The site will be compatible with Open Social and OpenID, making profile building simple.
- There will be interactivity with Twitter.
- Teams and users will be able to upload pictures (screenshots), videos, and demo/replay files (.dem, .rep, etc.) to share with others.
- Teams and users can reserve private servers if they do not have their own for matches/scrims/pugs.
- Big thanks again to our friends over at Velocity-Servers for hooking us up!
- User profile layouts will be customizable (like the old version of facebook).
- Support for plugins and widgets. (eg. show off your GameWager token balance or PWNED points in your profile)
Much more details to come. Please note that this is a rough list. It may not be exactly as stated, but we will do our best to offer the most functionality and ease of use possible.
We will be posting again soon with screenshots, and to allow for beta sign ups to get feedback from the community, and to make sure everything is running smoothly. We want to give you guys what you want, so the more feedback we get the better.
Looking forward to finally launching this thing!
-The VESL Staff